Family Law Attorneys in Houston TX
Driving Innovation in Family and Juvenile Law
Family law cases in Harris County, Texas can range from celebratory occasions such as adoption to heartbreaking situations such as terminations of parental rights, divorce, or child custody.
What is family law?
Family law is the practice of law that provides advocacy and representation with regard to family relationships involving divorce, adoption, child custody, and in some circumstances child protective services. Our family law attorneys are trained and equipped to provide our clients with compassionate counsel when it comes to these fragile family matters.
What kinds of situations can Houston family law attorneys assist with?
Family law cases can address several unique situations, but the most common cases usually deal with adoption, child custody, child support, and divorce.
Family law courts in Texas can oversee both private adoption cases and those adoptions that are the result of a termination of parental rights and the child or children are adopted through CPS. Our attorneys have facilitated adoptions by grandparents, stepparents, aunts and uncles, family friends, and foster parents.
Parents who find themselves embroiled in a child custody battle require legal guidance that will protect their rights and best serve their children’s interests. Our Houston family law attorneys are able to assist parents with matters of custody, rights, power and duties, access and possession, child support and medical support.
Parents in the situation of not receiving court ordered child support from a spouse may want to seek a family law attorney’s services in securing payment. If a parent chooses to challenge the amount of child support a court orders, a family law attorney may be able to assist with the case. Our attorneys are experienced in these matters.
The dissolving of a marriage can be a tumultuous road. Divorce is difficult and you should not have to handle it on your own. Family law attorneys have experience with divorce proceedings and can offer empathy and guidance to individuals navigating property division, spousal support, child custody and visitation, and child support.
In addition to the above family law issues, our Houston family law attorneys are able to assist clients with other issues that can affect the family unit such as:
- Addiction and Mental Health. In many cases where CPS or the juvenile law system impacts a family, it is not uncommon for a struggle with substance abuse or mental health to be present. Our attorneys are experienced in dealing with these issues and advocate for accountability as a part of the divorce and custody process.
What to Look for in Houston Family Law Attorneys
Choosing the right Houston family law attorney can be a crucial part of a case’s success. When looking for family law representation it is wise to ensure that the attorney or firm that you choose:
- Is Board Certified in Family Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
- Understands the court system in your jurisdiction and how it works at a pragmatic level who can access that information.
- Frequently represents cases like yours.
- Has access to additional resources such as fellow attorneys and paralegals.
- Keeps open lines of communication with clients.
- Explains legal terms and the Court process in a way that you can understand.
Do not wait until a family crisis erupts. Consult one of our experienced Houston family law attorneys today.