Divorce Lawyers in Houston Texas, Family, and Juvenile Law
Guiding Clients Through The Divorce Process
Our Houston divorce Lawyer will guide families through difficult situations involving custody and juvenile law.
Whether you are going through a divorce, seeking child custody, dealing with juvenile delinquency charges or facing any other family or juvenile legal issue, you need an Houston divorce Lawyer who is familiar with these unique and closely related areas of Texas law.
Our Houston divorce Lawyers, are highly experienced in family and juvenile law. William B. Connolly is the only lawyer in Harris County who is board certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in both areas. Contact us for help with any of the following issues:
- The divorce process: Divorce is a stressful stage in your life, but you will get through it. Our experienced Houston family law attorneys will guide you through the process with a focus on your long-term goals.
- Property division in divorce: How marital property will be divided is one of our divorce clients’ major concerns. We can help you understand concepts such as separate and community property and pursue positive outcomes with regard to every kind of asset, including retirement accounts.
- Divorce and children: Divorce’s impact on children is a significant issue and one that we are constantly attuned to when dealing with issues like child custody and visitation, custody modification and relocation, and child support. We also help unmarried couples reach custody agreements once the relationship ends.
- CPS cases, terminations, and conservatorships: If child protective services are trying to take your child, we can be your advocate. If you are a parent, a grandparent or foster parent seeking rights within the system, we can help.
- Adoption: Whether you are seeking to adopt a child privately or through the CPS system, we can guide you. We represent grandparents, foster parents, stepparents, and others interested in adoption.
- Family law appeals: You have a right to appeal adverse decisions by a family or juvenile court or defend what you have won at trial, and our experienced appellate lawyers can help.
- Juvenile law: If your child has been charged with a juvenile offense, he or she could be facing serious consequences under Texas law. Our lawyers are experienced at representing minors at all stages of juvenile trials and appeals.
- Substance abuse and mental health issues: Many families and juvenile law cases involve family members with substance abuse and/or mental health issues. We believe it is important to identify and address these issues.
- Name changes: As your family dynamic changes, our law firm can help facilitate this transition smoothly.
- Collaborative law and mediation: There is no one-size-fits-all approach to resolving legal disputes. We can help you explore the range of litigation alternatives from collaborative divorce to other forms of alternative dispute resolution.
Contact us today to schedule a consultation with experienced Houston divorce Lawyer