In many cases, a legal name change helps start a new chapter in someone’s life. Whether you are celebrating a union or an addition to the family, a legal name change can help legalize this bond and show the world your new status. On the flip side, a name change can also be used to sever strings and help you start fresh for the rest of your future.
No matter what reason you are seeking a name change, at Connolly & Shireman, our law firm can help you facilitate a name change by making sure every step is handled correctly and on time. Whether you are in need of an adult name change or you need assistance changing the legal name of a child, we can help you make sure that the process proceeds smoothly. Contact us today to schedule a consultation to learn more about how we can help you successfully complete the name change process in accordance with Texas and federal law.
Our Houston name change attorneys can help you change your legal name in all of the following situations:
- Marriage, taking your husband’s name, hyphenating your name
- If you have adopted a child, formalizing a minor name change for his or her name to include your last name
- Changing your name long after a marriage has taken place so that you have the same last name as your children for estate planning
- Overview purposes involving inheritance, Medicaid, other benefits
- Divorce and dropping your married name, reverting to your maiden name
- Other life changes or events that require a name change
Connolly & Shireman can help you with every part of the paperwork required to notify all the necessary agencies and authorities. Our assistance can help you avoid delays due to errors by making sure everything is properly filled out and filed correctly the first time it is submitted. From start to finish, we are by your side every step of the way, providing updates and answering questions as needed.
A Comprehensive Harris County, Texas, Lawyer Here to Help You Legally Change Your Name
At our firm, we strive to create a welcoming and caring atmosphere where clients feel comfortable discussing their needs and concerns in confidence. We want you to know that we are here to care for you and your family, now and in the future by finding creative legal solutions that produce healthy resolutions. Contact us today to learn more.