Family Law Attorneys in Houston TX
Driving Innovation in Family and Juvenile Law
Choose the best child support lawyers in Houston
Anyone can drive a car; not everyone can design the engine. At Connolly & Shireman, we’re not trying merely to go from one point in the legal process to another. Our family attorneys in Houston, Tx understand that our work involves some of the most meaningful matters in people’s lives, so we decided long ago to commit ourselves to creating solutions for the best interest of families, not just within the cases we handle, but in the application of the law in our community.
From the start, the goal of our family attorneys in Houston has been to build a firm of smart and intuitive problem solvers who are innovative trendsetters. As leaders in the field of family law and child welfare law, members of the firm have been either lead counsel in important cases or have otherwise played significant roles in the evolution of Texas law.
Our experienced divorce, custody and child support lawyers in Houston, TX have been involved in cases that:
- dramatically changed the “acceptance of benefits doctrine”
- allowed courts to consider direct payments as offsets for child support
- prevented intrusion into a separate property by trial courts
- protected retirement benefits from overreaching former spouses
- prevented parents, foster parents and the Department of Family Protective Services from excluding grandparents from having access to their grandchildren
- protected children from medical child abuse and other forms of abuse and neglect
- limited the power of the government to terminate or restrict the parent-child relationship
- protected children from addicted, neglectful or abusive parents and grandparents
- helped foster parents overcome substantial odds in securing safe and suitable homes for abused and neglected children
- protected parents from false or unsubstantiated findings of abuse or neglect
We have also drafted or directly influenced legislation or case interpretation of the law involving restriction and termination of parental rights as well as children’s rights in delinquency proceedings.
It’s not enough to just fight and argue over issues and positions. It is possible to be both unconventional and professional at the same time. We do not readily accept the “way it is” as a solution to a unique set of legal issues. Our family attorneys in Houston look for solutions that meet our clients’ individual needs and protect the most vulnerable parties in complex and delicate situations.